Occupation: Full-time sales representative at GHA Technologies by day; part-time trivia host at Dragonfly Tavern by night.
Residence: Park Avenue neighborhood
1. In 30 words or less, describe what you do all day at work: I sell IT hardware and software. (I am) constantly taking care of my current customers and always looking for new ones.
2. What's your favorite thing to do outside of work? Snowboard, fish, golf and grill.
3. Where do you get your coffee? From my coffeemaker, because it is close to my bed.
4. What's your adult beverage of choice? Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka and lemonade; and Genny Light — Rochester pride!
5. What's your favorite bar? Dragonfly Tavern, because I like the people that own, work and hang out there. Marge's Lakeside Inn, because it is on the beach, and drinking on the beach is great.
6. Describe your personal style: Streetwear-meets-vintage, or however my girlfriend dresses me.
7. What was the last great meal you had? Rigatoni with a side of pork at Rocky's on Jay Street. Delicious.
8. What's the next movie you want to see? Beats Rhymes & Life: The Travels of a Tribe Called Quest. The trailer looks great, and it is playing at the Little Theatre; I'm a big fan of the Little.
9. What do you DVR? Curb Your Enthusiasm, Weeds, Deadliest Catch, 60 Minutes, Life Without Shame and PTI [Pardon the Interruption].
10. What's the last CD you bought or downloaded? Go Hogwild, by Sacred Hoop. Those dudes are the kings of homemade rap music, and they are my old roommates.
11. Have you ever met a celebrity? I woke up in JFK airport next to Regis Philbin. It was weird because when I came to, a bunch of people were staring at him, but I thought they were staring at me. I was confused, and thought I must have been snoring or drooling.
12. What's your favorite book? Siddhartha, by Hermann Hesse. Life is a journey, and this book can help be your guide.
13. What's in your glove compartment? Gloves.
14. When's bedtime? Midnight.
15. What do you do for exercise? Run. Jump rope. Hit the heavy bag hanging in my garage.
16. What one thing — not person or pet — would you save in a fire? The Blue Worm: It is a three-piece, 12-foot, blue shag, S-shaped sectional couch in my basement. It is rad.
17. What makes you cringe? Rats.
18. If you could have dinner with any historical figure, living or dead, who would it be? Bill Gates, circa 1987, so I could scoop some Microsoft stock options.
19. If you could relive one moment, what would it be? Powder turns on a snowboard. It is the most PG-13 fun you can have.
20. Where do you see yourself five years from now? Married, a couple kids and a picket fence.
More about him
As trivia host at Dragonfly Tavern, Nick Goater poses questions on pop culture, geography, spelling, math, science and more, inspired by TV, books, magazines and friends. In the wintertime — when he's not working at the Park Avenue bar, or at his full-time job as a sales rep at GHA Technologies — Goater can be found snowboarding, a sport he picked up in middle school.